Im single, so why do I seem to be dealing with so much hassle? I recently got back in touch with an old friend, from two or three years back. We had lost touch because his girlfriend didn't take much liking towards me, and I didnt want to disturb there peace or anything, so we drifted. Anyway he'd told me he was single, so what would be the harm in some friendly banter?
Anyway we met up at the cinema, if your a reader of my blog it was whom I called calvin in a previous blog. Needless to say it wasn't the best night I have had. But a week or so later, I had his ex girlfiend emailing me, telling me it ws my fault for ruining her relationship, and that I had to learn some manors, in all fairness I didnt have to stop talking to him two years ago, I would have though she'd have appreciated that. After a chain of abuse she started to realise how childish and pathetic she was being. Understandably she had just been dumped, and anger can get the best of even the best of us, so I bit my tongue and just blocked her from contacting me further.
All was fine, until she suddenly started shopping in the store I work in more regularly than usual, not that it bothered me, but for some reason she seemed to believe it wound me up, like she had one over on me? Childish games coming from a 24 year old, it seemed like she was getting kicks from attempting to annoy me, she even made me serve her, around ten other tills and she chose to pay at mine, after giving me abuse and calling me a sl*g. I just laughed it off. Then Calvin went from sending me to many texts and voicemails, to no communication at all, so I asked him, and some how him and his ex girlfriend had found my blog, and he had read what I had said about our cinema trip together. In a way I was relieved, I wanted them both to being invisible in my life, because honestly there nothing but trouble. Then she managed to email me once again! Apparantly they were back together and she was marking her territory. So again she started with the abuse, and how I am a relationship ruiner etc etc.
It just makes me revert back to a previous blog, love is blind, could she not see I was not the reason for him breaking up with her? Or did she realise this, but something in her mind made her decide to blame it all on me rather than face the truth and problems within her relationship. I was happy to pretend I didn't know either of them and I told her this. Should I feel sorry for this girl though? She allowede] her boyfriend to drop her and pick her right back up, and why did he even pick her back up? Was he scared of being alone? Or did he just simply feel sorry for himself?
Okay so there relationship is nothing to do with me, its just a prime example of how love is blind, and if im getting dragged into it, through no choice of my own, im very welcome to have my own opinion on the situation. Again this is just how I view it, I could be entirely wrong.
Have you ever blamed someone else for your failings within a relationship rather than yourself?
What the hell? I can sort of understand why she did it, but it definitely doesn't make it right. She was way out of line. But yes, I guess she was hurting and angry and she wanted to blame it on anyone but herself. I have sort of the same situation going on at the moment too. Psycho people I tell you.
ReplyDeleteI like to look at what I'm doing wrong and what he is doing wrong. It's usually not other people, they just sometimes have an influence. But it still depends on you or him, how you handle those influences. That's all.