I find myself sat in a coffee shop near a group of youngs girls, I would say about 16 years old, and I cant help but over hear one of the girls tell her friends she hated being single, and that she was jealous of all her friends that had boyfriends, then they all went on about how much they were in love. It left me thinking, girls, your all so young, you shouldnt be looking for love now, you have forever to do that, teenage years is a prime time to be having fun with your friends, having weekends you wouldn't dream telling your parents about, getting away with so many things you'd never be able to do later on in life, so why was this one young girl so down about being single?
It then made me think, well im only 19, so why do I find myself thinking about when and were i'll find my next man, or even the one. I wonder were I will be when I meet him? Whether it will be love at first sight? I sometimes fnd myself envious of friends moving forward to moving in together, getting engaged, all those steps you take when you find the one. Do we feel that because our friends are in relationships we should be too? Is it all about feeling left out?
But the young girls made me think, I have my whole life to look forward to all those stages, it only happens once in most cases so why rush it? He's out there somewere, and when we are meant to meet then we will, it could be anywere in the world, at any time, during any circumstance. Until then im going to enjoy being young and sometimes stupid, try and have as many hobbies as possible, and just do the most randomest of things. And enjoy telling all your friends your stories about the random night you had, all the embarrassing things you did, tell them about the dates you had, and be glad when some man candy comes along and your first in line being the single one an all!
So put on your heels and pull out the mistle-toe and have a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year!
I love this post! You're so right!
ReplyDeleteFunny thing is... do you have any idea how many of my committed friends are jealous of me being single sometimes? It's strange, but hilarious! I just tell them that they have to be grateful for what they have, but also that if they're unhappy they have to get out of there. Being single is not the end of the world! It leaves you open to find yourself, who you are and what you're about.. and have adventures!