Thursday, 6 January 2011
Can we just forget a year?
Happy New Year, but what is new year but another number? A higher number than the last that occurs every 365 days, thats all it really is isn't it? So why do we use it as a reason to have a huge celebration? Isn't any day as special as the next? So for my New Years celebrations I was planning to go all out, get the dress, find the venue, have the drinks, see the friends, and get the countdown kiss. But instead a car accident left me with nothing to do but stay in for the night enjoying my own company, and in all honesty I loved it, I decided to sleep at my mums while she went out, she'd bought me all these cupcakes and sweets, and left me with the pin number for movies on demand, so I spent the night watching movies and pigging out, it was heaven!
So while I was at home I logged onto facebook, and was amazed by the amount of status updates about everyone saying they were going to start a fresh and forget about how crap 2010 was. So then it lead me on to thinking can we really just forget a whole year because we didnt like what happened? My 2010 was somewhat... eventful, to say the least, im a very closed book, so everything that happened seemed to have been locked up in this tiny case at the back of my mind, sealed away for no one to see, and more importantly sealed away so I could pretend non of it happened. But then I thought, its 2011, is that really a chance to just open the case and shred it all, never to be thought about again?
Do I really have to sit down and have a big old cry about everything that has happened in the past? Talk it all through with someone, just for them to tell me its going to be okay? Can't I just be thankful im okay now? And forget about it? Course I can!
So I dont really believe in New Years resolutions, its just something to be down about when you dont achieve your goal right? But this year I have set a few and I plan to see how I get on with them:
- Forget the past, so what if I had a bad year, get over it and dont hang on to something thats not worth remembering! So I've wrote down every bad thing that happened to me last year, and I have ripped it up and burnt it! Forgotten about! :D
- Stop worrying about what people think about me, if their thinking such bad things, their not friends, so why bother what they think about you?
- Try and stay single!! Iv been single for about 6 month, and Ive had more fun while I have been single than I had have had in the whole two years I was with a guy. If a nice enough guy comes along, then lets see what happens, but im not planning on looking for him right now.
- And last of all learn a random activity, activity of my choice... Parkouring, free running, pretty extreme resolution but lifes for living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are really in true!
ReplyDelete:)