I find myself sat in wondering what to do, and it seems I haven't updated my blog for a while, so I have decided to combine the two! Write a list of things that I could do whenever I'm bored, and share it with you guys on my blog, because there are plenty of things to do! Being single during the week does NOT have to be a bad thing. So sit back and enjoy the 50 things to do when you’re bored and feeling down...
1. Shopping, clearly an obvious one. Either meet up with the ladies or go on your own, but only if you’re really on a spending mission, I like to put in my earphones and just shop, but tend to spend far too much when I'm shopping alone!
2. In relation to numero uno, online shopping, more variety, less aching arms, perfecto! And thanks to technology these days you can even get American retailers to ship to England!
3. Go to the cinema, whether you’re going on a date or casually meeting your friends, both can be fun, and even get some popcorn, yes it tastes like nothing, and doesn’t really satisfy you, and gets stuck in your teeth, but it’s like a tradition right?
4. Go bowling, okay so the fact you have to wear those hideous shoes that hundreds of other people have also worn, but it can be fun, you know there’s always that one person who is so bad at it, that it’s actually funny (yes in my case it’s me, glad to be of entertainment eh)
5. Beer garden, need I say more?! Unless the sun isn't shining, then the pub :) catch up and a laugh with a friend over a glass of wine
6. Go for a run, whilst running your brain releases endorphins, which then creates a euphoric feeling, too much science? Just imagine the feeling afterwards, feeling fit and healthy, which will then inspire you not to eat like a pig for the rest of the day
7. Dance magic dance, who doesn’t enjoy dancing? You can be a pro break-dancer, or you could have two left feet, either way, it’s always fun! Come on guys, be honest, we have all danced in our underwear whilst getting ready haven't we?
8. Listen to some music, I always plug in my earphones whether I’m on my way to work, tidying up, going for a walk, or reading, I like something with a good beat, my current feel good song is Chris Brown's Yeah x3. Be warned, listening to Bruno Mars's "Grenade" won't put you in the greatest mood, and avoid anything depressing like R.E.M "everybody hurts"
9. Update your iPod or Spotify playlist, takes me ages to get through my iPod, and I always seem to find music I either don't like, or have never heard in my life, so make way for the new! It is very time consuming, and you’re doing something valuable with your time, because no one enjoys having to skip song after song
10. Watch a movie, cuddle up with the blanket in the dark and watch a horror, but make sure you put the landing light on beforehand or a laugh out loud comedy that will leave you streaming with tears, Adam Sandler, funny guy!
11. Watch back to back episodes of your favourite box set, Mighty Boosh, Doctor Who, Idiot Abroad, LOL's all round!
12. Read a book or magazine, I tend to read Cosmopolitan, Elle and Glamour magazine with a cuppa tea, nice and relaxing, me time. You can always get locked on a book, time flies quicker than you realise
13. Do your hair and make-up, I always feel 100 times better with my make up on, nothing gets me more down than seeing myself looking rough and terrible, and you never know who's going to knock on your door! Looking good = feeling good
14. Long nice bubble bath! Put on some chilled out music, bath salts, bath bombs and lavender scented bubble bath, I dare you not to feel relaxed and at ease, even after the hardest of days
15. Exfoliate, moisturize, face mask! Leaves you feeling soft and smelling good
16. to skint to go out on a Saturday night? Get a take away, a friend, bottle of Vino and typical Saturday night TV, Take me out, Britain’s got talent, Only way is Essex, timeless classics, so bad there good
17. Scan through YouTube, ok, so that sounds a bit lame, but honestly, it’s hilarious what people do for fame these days! I even have my favourite video creators, search Angry Black Man and Ray William Johnson, don't diss until you have given it a try. Warning: Many people find it appropriate to upload Cod games, because that’s what we really want to see Ahem.. No!
18. Have a good long phone call, I have a few friends that don't live locally, so it is always nice to ring them and have a good chat, texting just isn't the same as hearing someone's voice at times
19. So if you can’t be bothered with a long ass phone call with the awkward silent moments, then text a friend or two
20. Take pictures, either pose taking pictures, you all do it, trying to take that perfect Facebook pic, don’t deny it ;) or take a day trip out, pack lunch and country side, or somewhere interesting like Liverpool
21. Blog :) So I started my blog because I had a lot of anger to vent, have a somewhat hectic life, and updated my facebook wayyy to much, so I thought, hey why not right a blog, and I enjoy writing new posts, and looking through other blogs, sounds lame to start with, but I enjoy it!
22. Look through photographs. I have a collage put together on my wall full of memories with friends, and we all have those photo's buried somewhere from way back in the day! You could even search through old sites you made, I went through my Bebo and Piczo sites the other day, and found photography gold!
23. Create a scrap book, I am now on my second scrapbook, it’s very fun to make, and when I go through them it always cheers me up, guaranteed! It will be even more rewarding to look at when you’re older
24. Check out holidays online, whether you’re going this year or next, get looking! I’m off on a girls holiday this year, and just looking online gets me all excited! I could browse for hours
25. Plan ahead, make plans for the near future, I have a night out this weekend to look forward to, always helps rid the Monday blues, knowing I have something to do when it comes to the end of the week, however small or big your plans, it always helps
26. Find a new hobby, I was going through my hair accessories the other day, and realised I just didn't have enough for each outfit, solution? Make my own, whether you’re scanning current trends or just making one to match your new outfit, a practical, interesting and time consuming hobby
27. Play a game, if you’re a guy your probably already thinking of playing Cod, but there are games out there for girls to honest, Little Big Planet is my guilty pleasure, always makes me laugh! I was once ill and just felt awful until my friend cheered me up with LBP, I was smiling in no time! That cute lil sack boy!
28. Meet up with your mum or dad. I don't live with my mum so I always enjoy a catch up and a brew, ok so she sometimes goes on about the pictures she somehow saw of me downing those shots, and tells me I should focus on more important things such as my career, but remember, they nag because they care, honest!
29. Test out your mind powers, sat somewhere boring like a waiting room, focus really hard on someone and say in your head "look at me" stare and focus really hard, and eventually it may work, feeling more powerful than that? Then focus on them dropping something or running their hand through their hair, yes it takes a lot of concentration, and probably won't work straight away, but the law of averages dictates it will happen at least once, and you will feel like an undercover ninja
30. Have ice cream, when did Ben & Jerry’s not cheer you up?! Even if you’re on a bloomin diet, Ben & Jerry's frozen yoghurt has the same heart warming affect, minus the calories! Those guys know us perfectly don't they?!
31. If it’s a clear night, go outside and just look up to the stars, I felt awful the other week, and I was walking up my street, a long one at that, and everything was so silent and I just looked up, and right then my thoughts vanished, I went into a completely different state of mind and kind of felt inspired, like it’s a huge World out there, and a beautiful one at that
32. Make a donation, always makes you feel better, even if you’re only buying the town's homeless guy a sandwich, good deed done for the day, and there obviously going to be very grateful and see you as a caring person
33. Check out an art museum, even if you think it’s not particular your scene just give it a try, and for each picture or art piece, ask yourself, what was the artist feeling? What were they trying to show me? What feelings are portrayed in this? Can show you unhidden depth
34. Go on a huge cleaning spree in your house, put on some music, dance with the hoover, sing while sweeping, burn those incent sticks, it keeps you busy, I class it as a work out (especially when it comes to my room) and the feeling of everything being organised afterwards feels pretty good, and lets you relax afterwards, a tidy house is a tidy mind!
35. Go through your wardrobe, do you really need that many tops? If it doesn't, fit get rid! Sifting through my wardrobe is VERY time consuming, and give anything you no longer need to charity, two birds with one stone, good deed and a clear out
36. Google yourself, boring or weird yes I know, but it can be amazing how much information the internet has, I just simply googled Amylouwalsh, and bam, first four links were my blog, twitter and tumblr!
37. If you haven't one already, create a Tumblr account, it may just be the next big thing, there is plenty of inspiring photography that always leave me amazed, fashion photo's and tips, anything your interested in, you will probably find on Tumblr
38. Bake a cake, just google the ingredients and recipe, put on the radio and bake away, it will pass by an hour or two, and when you've finished it you and eat it, yummy! Yes it is acceptable to use Betty Crocker's cake mix, because it is actually to die for! & yes it’s okay to tell everyone else you actually made it yourself
39. If your honestly that bored, learn to peel a banana with your feet, honestly it is possible, just YouTube it if you doubt me, it may get frustrating though, and if anyone walks in they may be a bit concerned as to why the hell your trying to peel a banana with your feet
40. Join twitter and see what your favourite celebs are doing, see if your favourite artist has an up and coming concert in your local area? And plan to go with a friend! So then you have something to look forward to
41. Go swimming, it’s always good when you have a million and one things on your mind, just you and the water, no other worries, and of course it’s a very good way to work out
42. Had a long awful day? Sit by the fire, wrapped in your duvet and watch a heart filled film, just because I'm single doesn't mean I can't truly enjoy The Notebook without wanted to cry about being single
43. Smile game, first of all just smile to yourself, thing of a funny memory, hold on to that, and smile at each passerby, and just see how many smiles you get back in return, because everyone loves a smile don’t they?
44. Watch Jeremy Kyle, and be thankful that it’s not you sat on that stage having a lie detector test after just a month of being in a relationship, or trying to find out, who out of the ten guys, gave you herpes
45. Plan ahead, its summer very soon, what have you got planned? Any festivals? From Leeds fest to your local concert in the park, what about any camping trips? Fill your summer with activities! Get planning!
46. Play Sonic, I just downloaded it on my iPod and honestly it keeps me amused for ages, Sonic, it’s a classic isn’t it just!
47. Play on the Wii, and record it, yes its highly embarrassing both to do, and then especially to watch, but you will have a laugh along the way, and then the next time one of your friends is feeling down, whack out your video!
48. Tell 5 people you love them, think about why you love them, and let the good feelings come rolling in, and even better when they return the love. No one tells people they love each other enough these days
49. Bounce on your bed, I’m being serious, not for too long that you break it, explaining why you have a broken bed at the age of 20, "I was bouncing on it" isn't believable, revisit your youth!
50. Have a harmless flirt with someone, whether your having a flirty chat with a friend (don’t flirt with your taken friends though, if she see's any sign of flirting your officially 'that stupid sl*g' and we all could do without that), or a bit of eye flirting in the street, see how long you can keep eye contact with a passerby (caution: try and be spatially aware, you will get embarrassed when you walk into a lamppost)
You will never need to complain about how bored you are again! And if you don't like my list, why don't you make your own :) Like my Mum used to say, you’re not bored you’re just being boring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment