Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Its in his kiss...


What does a kiss mean to you and what are the feelings that arise? I presume your first answer would be along the lines of affection? Lust? Love? We all have that one kiss we remember, the feeling you got when it happened, mine was sat in a bus stop (talk about setting the scene!), so it was the first kiss with one of my boyfriends, and the butterflies were there, I honestly thought my tummy was going to take off, the rush to the head was there, and the feeling that the world had completely disappeared, it was just me and him, we could have been in the middle of know were for all I know, completely toe numbingly perfect!

Then it got me thinking about the bad kisses I have had, and I can’t pinpoint any specific bad kisses. I mean, is there really such thing as a bad kisser? I think you either connect to that kiss or you don’t. (Unless of course you’re unfortunate to get that one guy that just dribbles everywhere, or tries swallowing your face, ew, yes that is classed as a bad kiss). I haven't really kissed many guys to have a really wide view on the whole kissing experience. I would say I've only ever had two good kisses, don’t get me wrong, the other guys were, okay, it’s just, that little spark, or passion, just wasn't there, it was one of those kisses were you find yourself thinking to yourself like, "hmm what shall I have for tea when I get home?" O come on don't judge me, you've all done it, those kisses can last a lifetime, and if you’re just not feeling it, then it’s natural to just think about something else, or someone else in the worst case scenario. So the first one is the one I have mentioned previously, but we had a connection and loved each other, the kiss is bound to be electric. It's the second kiss I'm slightly confused about, I’m not going to lie, I wasn't dating this guy, we were and still are good friends, we met up on a night out, one thing led to another and we ended the night in a kiss. It was one of those you kind of melt into, and go light headed. Kissing your friend can usually be just plain awkward to say the least, unless it’s filled with lust. It wasn't awkward in the slightest, but I wouldn't use lust in the same context of our kiss. So what made it a good kiss? Is it the connection we have friendship wise? Or is he just blessed with the gift of kissing girls?

What does a kiss even mean?! And why are they so complicated? I find myself on dates questioning it all.. Do I or don't I kiss him? He didn't kiss me; does this mean he doesn't like me? Do you think he could taste my tea?!  We threat over the tiniest thing, just don't think about it, you will feel it when you’re meant to kiss, it's not all about the kiss itself, it’s when and where the kiss happens. I once got grabbed on a night out and just spontaneously kissed, it was so random, but that's what made it special, in a weird way! He was a friend of a friend; a complete and utter stranger just would have been strange, and not romantic in the slightest. (Please note, don't go round just grabbing girls and kissing them, 9 times out of 10 they won't appreciate it, and it can be classed as creepy).

Then it leads me to my last question, what are you meant to do when you are dating someone and that kiss just isn't there? Have you ever looked at your boyfriend while he's watching TV or something, and just wanted to dive on him and kiss him uncontrollably? Ever coughed loud 'accidently' in bed so he wakes up, just so you can have a kiss, ever kissed him and pulled away to see his smile, then gone back in for a kiss, only to pull away to see his face again, repeating it several times until he just grabs you? Am I being stupid in thinking it isn’t a relationship without a powerful kiss and silly games? When you’re at that stage in your relationship, when you’re questioning things, and just don't know what you’re thinking, is it not the kiss that reassures you? Without that kiss, what do you have?

I could go on all day about kisses, and ask questions to try and get answers, but after proof reading my blog, I've come to realise, maybe kisses are meant to be mysterious and puzzling? Maybe you ruin a kiss by thinking far too much, rather than letting your mind go blank and going with your feelings?
­


No comments:

Post a Comment