Sunday, 27 February 2011

Beautiful stranger how do you do...


If you know me, then it’s no secret that I’m just a little bit ditsy at times, I’m clever honest, I just lack in the general knowledge, and general balance areas! So you can understand my co-ordination in the snow, let’s just say my legs spent most this winter in the air, rather than walking on the ground... Anyway... I found myself walking down my street to work, carefully taking each step, tip toeing through the snow, ‘you can do this Amy, don’t let yourself be defeated by the snow!’ When I get distracted by the sound of a van door slamming shut, so I look to my left and see a tall handsome stranger, he looked at me, I looked at him, we exchanged smiles, then BAM, slap, bang wallop! I slipped straight onto my bottom, standard. I just sat there for a moment thinking "crap! Ouch! He might not have even noticed right? Who you kidding! Get up and run Amy, RUN!" And the next thing I know he's helping me up, result. But I felt humiliated and I just kind of said thank you, blushed, and rushed off.

So I figured I’d see him again, he lives round the corner from me, and maybe one day he would see me just simply walking down the street, no snow, no falling, simple, just me and him, passing strangers. Who am I kidding; nothing is ever that simple for me...

We all go through fazes of deciding to be healthy, so I decided to try and eat breakfast every day, and well I’m always in a rush in the mornings, so it’s just usually an apple on the way to work, harmless right? What could possibly go wrong with eating fruit whilst on the way to work? Apple in hand and earphones in, I trotted off to work, and there he was, walking out his front door wearing his smile. My ear phones were in so I couldn’t hear a thing, but I see his lips move has he said hi to me, result, he said hello, so without thinking I say hi back, little did I know I was shouting due to the fact I had earphones in, then I start to choke on my apple, till a chunk comes flying back up and on to the street, honestly I would have preferred it to choke me, just so I could have gotten out of such a horrible situation, I just paused and prayed for God to open up the Earth and swallow me hole, no such luck, so I just hung my head in shame and rushed off down the street, not even looking back, I couldn’t face it. I’m cringing still as I write this.

So what I want to know is, what do you do when day after day you see a guy that you may like? But no words are exchanged other than "hi" and a smile, do you go up to him and ask his name? Ask him for his number? Try and initiate conversation about the weather? It's one thing getting to know a stranger, it’s another thing getting to know a stranger that has seen you fall on your ass and choke on an apple, I’m in very dangerous territory, first impressions mean everything when it’s a stranger right? Should I just take a different route to work, or carry on down the same road, in hope he may see me again, and pray that the whole scenario works out better? Is it that easy to just ask someone there name?

2 comments:

  1. When you see him again just say something like: 'Well seeing as I've broken the ice, twice, Hi - what's your name?" Or perhaps "I think after all "We've been through" we can be on a first name basis - what's IS your name?" And remember to give him yours. Or just say "Hey I'm Amy - we should know each other by now don't you think?"

    I think the guy really fancies you! And he prob thinks your adorably clumsy! =)

    Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Maryx...and it does sound like he kinda likes you =)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete