Relationships on Facebook, have many different meaning, yes there are the couple that are genuinely in love with each other, and genuinely want to tell the world how happy they are, and how perfect there other half is, nothing wrong with that, but there can be a lot of meanings behind a relationship on Facebook.
First of all there is the ones who are only kidding themselves, the ones that are far from being happy with each other, but feel the need to update status's and add numerous pictures, trying to make out that, yes everything is fine and dandy, and there relationship is well and truly intact. Constantly updating their photo albums with picture upon picture of each other, kissing, hugging, smiling, and gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes... I’m all for couple photo's don’t get me wrong, but how many photo's do your friends really need to see of you and your partners face? Fer enough if there taken in all various different places you have been together, but taken in your bedroom, one after another? Anyone can fake a smile for a picture, you can look like you’re having the time of your life on the pictures, but it will never fill the boredom void in reality.
Then they constantly update their statuses, here are a few of my favourites, we shall use the names Sue and Phil:
"Sue is enjoying her night in with Phil, watching TV all cuddled up :) <3" - First of all "zzz" Facebook really isn't interested in what you are doing unless it’s something actually worth knowing about, the only person who cares is actually sat right next to you.
"Having an immense time in Manchester with Sue" - Ok, so if you was having so much fun, why would you feel the need to waste time in telling Facebook about this? Unless you’re trying to fool yourself into thinking you are having fun, and aren't in the slightest bit bored.
Sue and Phil just checked into Bed - I see many couples checking into bed, if your relationship was that full of passion, updating your where about on Facebook would be the last thing on your mind would it not?
Then there are the ones that like to mark their territory, like when a dog pee's on a lamppost, a partner marks there partners Facebook wall. When writing "I love you baby, had an amazing weekend with you, forever and always", quick translation... "I read that conversation you had with that whore, let’s see if the cow reads this and realises you have a girlfriend! Yes bitch, back off". Another popular one on commenting on pictures, "you look beautiful babe, even in the mornings without your make up :) your perfect", translation "yes that’s right guys, to all those perving on my girlfriend, she is my girlfriend, and I am the one she wakes up next to!"
There are also the ones who cover up an affair with Facebook, profile picture of the two of you, frequent messages to your wall to express his/her love for you, why would you ever suspect he/she was cheating? Well you wouldn't, if anything their now in your good books, then there is the music lyrics status, take for example, the ever so popular Bruno Mars, "Cos' girl you’re amazing, just the way you are", your reaction, awwh how sweet, he/she really does love me... Don’t be fooled, unless your name is on it, it could literally be on about anyone. My ex once had an update on his that was the following, "Beautiful girls, all over the world, I could be chasing, but with my time be wasting, they got nothin on youu baby", I was beginning to suspect he was up to no good, but as soon as I saw his status my heart glowed, and I had a smile on my face, only to discover a week later, it wasn't in fact about me at all, yes I had the nice comments on my Facebook wall, but as soon as I posted anything onto his it would get deleted, he claimed he liked to delete random posts here and now, it’s laughable now, but it's all these little things that can cover up a cheating lover. Another example is when one of my single friends (she'd just broke up from a long term relationship) put her status as something along the lines of "if only he knew how much I actually felt about him, I will not give up on him, I loved him from day one", of course her ex presumed this was about him, oh little did he know it was about someone else she'd loved for ages, turns out that wasn't going to work out, so she got back with her ex, leaving him completely oblivious of course to this very day.
My most favourite is the "I’m not over my ex, but I’m going to tell Facebook how much I love my new partner and put pictures of us in bed together, just to make my ex jealous", we all know who they are, jumping straight into another relationship can never be healthy after a long term relationship in my opinion. there isn’t very much to say on this one, we all know what it’s about, profile picture kissing the new lover, status updates with cute baby names like "going to see my shmukums :) can’t wait to cuddle him/her" ... Word of advice, it can be pretty obvious sometimes, so don’t humour your ex.
Don’t underestimate your friends on Facebook, most of the time we can see the truth behind the lies, I can spot out quite a few, and I’m sure you can to. Let me know if any of you know any other types of relationships on Facebook :)

No comments:
Post a Comment