Some of you may know, despite my denial and effort to disguise the fact that, I have just turned 21, On the 8th of January, I became an adult, yikes, an adult! So what doe this mean for me now? Do I have to make a five year plan, start planning for the future? Start saving for a mortgage?! All the adulty things that adult's do.
I can be childish at times (OK most of the time), and I like to mess about, I spent my birthday at the zoo, playing games with the penguins and making stupid noises to the lions, I loved it! But do we have to act responsible once we turn 21? Do I have to stop jumping on my bed? Stop singing into my hairbrush? Stop wearing the geek glasses that I adore so much?! Do we have to change our behaviour, act more responsible?
I find myself asking all these questions, going into panic mode, over and over again just thinking... Do I have to dress differently? I can't even bare to imagine life with out all my headbands! Do I have to drink in moderation on a night out? Not that I get wasted on a night out now anyway, but I want to be able to let my hair down, ask a random police man if I can wear his hat, and still be able to walk to the taxi with a pizza in one hand and my shoes in the other, without being looked at in disgust. Do I have to find my own answers? When I'm in a crisis I just look to my mum for answers, is it time now were I have to take the reigns and find my own way?!
All these questions, and no answers, I'm not ready to be an adult, so clearly! So, one last question, do I have to grow up? And my answer, Nope! I don't know what anyone else opinion is on the matter of turning 21, if they grew up or not, whether or not they made a five year plan, but this year for me is to have fun, truelly enjoy bing young, before I have to look into being (God forbid) an adult! So here is my one year plan (thats about as much planning I intend to be doing, because lets face it, how many plans actually work out anyway!)....
- A girls holiday, drink to my hearts content, take pictures I would never dream of showing my mum, wake up on the beach and try laughing gas (honestly don't know what it is, but it's meant to be a laugh, obv!)
- Go to a festival, haven't decided just yet which one, but all that matters is that I will have my wellies and shorts, my tent that would have most probably taken 3 hours to put up, my supply of alcohol, shots galore! And not forgetting my camera, because let's face it, your not going to remember the whole of the weekend!
- Most importantly carry on wearing my geek glasses, jumping on my bed and singing in my hairbrush!
I will probably have the same crisis when I'm 22, but hey, I have a year to come to terms with that, so until then, fun fun fun :) Crisis diverted for now! Maybe turning 21 won't be so bad after all...
Happy Birthday to me indeed!
Happy Belated Birthday Beautiful Lady!! Don't stress the Big 21 hey! Just continue being the awesome YOU. And please don't let go of your inner child. Boring adulthood is so unnecessary. Don't let society dictate how and when you should act like an adult. It's useless. Just make YOU happy, that's the most important thing. If it wasn't for my inner child that I nourish and let play, I would've been criminally (yes, criminally) insane by now! Hahahaha! Enjoy and good luck!
ReplyDelete