Carrying on in the dating scene I seem to be finding myself going no where, so I looked at the dates i'd been on, and not all of them were bad, take my cinema trip with a guy we shall call Dave, for instance. So we met up in a bar, its always good to meet a few hours before the film starts, how else are you meant to get to know a person if your sat watching a film? First impression, big smile, could see he made an effort to impress, offered to buy me a drink and made the effort to ask me how my day was. The conversation was evened out, he spoke about himself, asked about what was going in my life, healthy balance. After the film we went for another drink, I was laughing and smiling uncontrollably, its like when there trying to be cheeky and you try your hardest not to laugh, but the smile on your face is just to big to hide. Its always good when a guy has that cheeky charm. So after a good night I went off home, he made sure I got home safe all the usual gentle men things they do. Dave was a realy nice guy, he even brought me a chocolate bar into work after I told him I was having a hard day, what girl wouldnt like that?
So some guys have ticked all the right boxes, funny, polite, gentlemen, good manners... So why haven't I taken anything further with anyone? Then I realised, I have been telling myself all this time how much I would like a guy by my side, someone to cuddle up to at night, someone to share all my problems with... Am I just lying to myself? Im single, and since i've been single I have been having so much fun! Im out with friends most weekends, I have my friends to share my problems with, each week I have these random adventures and I can do what I like when I like, meeting new people doing new things. I feel like im discovering the real me and im loving it! Why do I need to bring a guy into the equation?
Now its that time of year, coming up to Christmas and New Years, and I seem to hear all these single people moan about being single this time of year, it just leaves me with one question.. Why?! Its the busiest time of the year in anyones social calender, clubs are booming, spirits or high. Christmas is the perfect time to get on your glad rags and just enjoy time with your friends. Friends, tinsel, cocktails mistletoe, perfect :) What other time of year is it socially acceptable to make a complete fool of yourself, kiss the party cringer and get away with blaming mistletoe and getting away with drinking to much muled wine and just simply saying hey its Christmas!
Im not against the idea of having a boyfriend, dont get me wrong, who doesnt like having someone to cuddle up to at night, and someone to spoil you rotten on Christmas day. But for the time being im going to enjoy being single, young and stupid. Dont let the fact that its Christmas get you down about being single, inbrase the inner you and have fun! Make 2010 a Christmas to remember, and start 2011 in style!
I totally agree with you! I have guys in my life. I have had 4 ex boyfriends come back for me too. But I'm actually enjoying being single. I still enjoy it. I like doing what I want when I want. I like not having to ask for permission or be scared someone won't approve. I like it that way. And they guy who commits to me, really commits without games, will be a lucky bastard to have me. And I know that. But he will have to be really awesome! =) Haha!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed your (way belated!) Christmas and NY!