Thursday, 4 November 2010

just say hi...

Okay so i've just found out there is no guide to dating men, no man comes with a Curiculam Vitea, a review, not even a guide! So were do I start? I mean how hard can it be? See a guy, flutter your eyelashes, cheeky grin, then wait for him to ask you out.. Simple! :) ... WRONG!

Courting used to be all about a gentlemen asking a lady out on a date, then it went on from there. But now as times have changed even finding out if a guy likes you is complicated enough. So to start with I started to contact old friends that I once liked, but obviously didnt persue further as I was in a relationship.

Question one, initiating the conversation, do you have his number? If you do, will he not find it wierd that you have his number, maybe he's forgot you? Maybe he's got a girlfriend, solution... Facebook (or so you would think).  So I already had a few of the guys on facebook, so I have a little stalk to see if they are in fact single, sadly most are already taken, but to my delight some are very much single. What next? Write on there wall? Well that seems a bit to full on, comment on a picture? but then it looks like you've been browsing his photos? Poke? Hmm yes just poke him, simple he either pokes back or he doesnt. What did I learn from poking a few friends? ... that poking is NOT a good way of initiating conversation.. So the guys that didnt poke back I did nothing but wonder why? Did he notice that I poked him? Does he think im wierd? Does he not like me? .. and so on.. And then there were the ones that did poke back, great, but what does it mean? A friendly "hi" poke, a cheeky " ;) well hellooo miss walsh" poke, or a "bugger off poking me bitch". Note so self, initiate talk differently!

Sticking to facebook I figurd talking on chat was an okay way of starting the conversation, have a catch up, act interested in what there up to, and make sure you sound interesting, no one likes a bore! As time goes on (hopefully not to long) you'll get to know each other more, without having to slap on the make-up or fork out for a dress and a meal :)

Being single I always seem to be out, but were is the best place to meet a guy? In a night club..? Eek no, chances are he's only looking for one thing, pass. Work? Again not such a good idea, working in womens retails mean he's either shopping with his girlfriend or he's gay, a guy did once approach me at work with a cheeky grin and a nice hi, after about a three minute conversation out walked his girlfriend from the fitting rooms, so i'll just avoid whilst working all together. Gym? Hmm do yo really feel confident when your dripping in sweat.. So were?!

Facebook has been my only saviour as yet, how sad does that sound! If you have any ideas please do let me know? Or maybe you found your other half in a random place? Please do let me know!

x.x

1 comment:

  1. Facebook is a random place to meet someone though dont you think under certain circumstances?

    ReplyDelete