Thursday, 11 November 2010

Seriously guys..?

So i've been on a few dates and I can some them all up in one word to be honest... DISASTER!

Okay so numero uno.. We shall call him David, so we went for a meal then the cinema.. So he picked me up from my house in his car, good sign, this is were I am critical, im a big music lover, and thankfully he had a good playlist playing, I dont know anyone's opinion but to me having good taste is a must in a guy. So off we went for the meal, I kept it simple, chicken in mushroom sauce YUM! nothing to messy for a first date. He had a steak, a mans meal, huge. So we did talk, he asked questions about me, I asked questions about him, turns out we had a few things in common. This is were peoplemay think im being a cow, but he polished off his plate of steakand chips, finished off mine, and right there nfront of me.... he belched, burped, out loud and proud, I had the biggest look of horror, am I ove reacting? I mean he didnt even excuse him self.. O well it was just a burp, I figured I could get over it... So off we went to the cinema, it was a busy night so we had to queu, and all he did was complain, it wasthe perfect opportunity to get to know me right? I even complained I was cold, he just said he was boiling, and took his jacket off, am I wrong in thinking it would have been the gentlemen thing to do to hand me the jacket? Then I realised what I'd just said, Gentlemen, the key word.. Dont we all want a gentlemen?

That leads me on to date two, lets call him Calvin.. So me an calvin had known each other a few years previous. So I already knew he had a good personality, often made me laugh, how bad could the date be? So I met him at the cinema, first critisism, he was wearing trainers... to critical? I dont think so, when your on a date shouldnt guys make the same amount of effort? I put the fashion disaster aside, after all this guy could have the best personality. So off we went for a quick drink, it had been a long week at work and I was dying for a glass of rose wine, off we went to the bar, he ordered and offered to pay, so I told him I would pay for my own drink, being a lady and all that, what did he do? He insisted I buy his drink to, so I was a bit set back by that, but cheeky was one of his trates. So we both spoke about work, I'd told him how much of a hard week I had had, and what was his response? "You only work in retail, how hard can it be, just pointing at clothes and telling people how nice they look, its easy" and "all you ever do is stand about talking I bet, you dont have it as hard as I do, sat behind a desk at a bank".. I was insulted, we'd been on a date for half an hour and he'd already gotten me to buy him a drink and insulted my job, could it have got worse.. read on... So we went up to get tickets, I paid for my own, he tried to get me to buy his, but I was having non of it this time. So we had watched a sad film, I was also grieving at the time, so you can imagine I wasnt the happiest girl in the world that moment in time, what does he do to comfort me? Tells me to man up and stop being so soft, so he had already shown me he was niether a gentlemen or sensitive, if there was a window within reach, I would have been climbing through it. So after a few more drinks off to the bus stop I went, at like 11pm, and what was his leaving line..? Was it:
A. "Thankyou for tonight I had fun, get home safe and text me when your home",
B. "Would it be rude to want to kiss your beautiful face right now?"
C. "You best not text me saying your to scared or that you cant sleep, and dont expect me to text you, I dont do the chasing you know"
If you guessed C, then you have judged Calvin correctly! Can you believe it? Im a 19 year old travelling home on my own after one or two drinks, on public transport, you can safely say I didnt text that guy that night!

So what would be the perfect date? Should we expect the guy to pay? No not really, lets not be old fashioned, but he should still be a gentlemen right? Be the one to open doors, make sure I get home safe, basic manners wouldnt go a miss right? How many bad dates do we need to sift through to have a good date? I mean is there a ratio calculation? A percentage chance of having a successful date?!

1 comment:

  1. i recently discovered your blog! it`s amazing, keep going on good job!i`m looking forward for new posts! you may check on mine, you`ll love it! if you follow , i shall return the favor! thanx!

    ReplyDelete